5.03.2010

Waywayanda 2010


Waywayanda is a really tough  and very rocky course in northern NJ.  At a place like this, I am especially thankful to have really good working dual suspension, as I was able to ride the trails with ease.

The Pro class was set for three laps of eight miles with temperatures in the high 80s.  The race started with some heavy hitters lined up -like Shalk and Favata- while I filed into the single track in dead last. I felt terrible, and all I could think of was quitting, but I started making up ground fast on the technical sections. The legs came around and I kept moving up until I found myself in 4th halfway through.

Ended up losing the battle for 4th and settling for fifth. I'll take that one as my form has shown a nice improvement since last weekend.

The race was over 2:30 and with temperatures that high people were cramping all over the place.  I am very happy to announce that I didn't cramp once or even feel like I was going to.  This is due in part to my awesome bottle girl sitting in the feed zone all day, but also to Elete.  I am amazed, the stuff works great!

-The Matt Miller Experience

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home