4.08.2013

Root 66 # 1 2013

So... I was a bit skeptical, worried and nervous about the first race of the season. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that most of my bikes were still being used as coat racks in my cellar. Although I have been cross training and lifting weights I would say I am far from "bike fit"... or so i thought. Race day come and the nerves are on over drive. Checking the pre registration list every day the week before hand to see who is showing up, wondering who's fast and who's not. All normal thought process for the first race of the season. I eased my nervous mind by letting myself have fun with the race and to not worry about outcomes. This all seemed to pay off because i started my season with a stellar race. leading much of the first lap and a half, staying smooth, and hanging on a very on form  Justin lindines coat tails for much of the race. Coming in second is not bad if i don't say so myself. Next race isn't for another 3 weeks. So plenty of time to dial things in and ramp up the proper MTB training for later season races. Oh ya, did i mention i was racing a Single Speed as well...


Photo credit to Bicycle Express



~S. Powell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home