5.03.2010

Race Report: Granogue MASS XC

By Hebrew Cyclist

Everyone looked happy, except for Montana........


While Matt was ripping up the trails at the Wawayanda Campmor/H2H series opener in northern New Jersey, I (Jordan) was in Delaware for XC #3 in the Mid-Atlantic Super Series, Andrew Mein's Excellent Adventure at Granogue.

The heat & humidity, combined with the usual stacked field of Elite Open racers, made this race particularly tough.  Fortunately, I had been using my Elete Add-In and Tablytes and wasn't too worried about hydration and cramping.  That stuff is seriously amazing and is a race-saver in the hot weather!

Elete Add-In & Tablytes:  Puppy approved

Unlike last year, the trails were relatively dry and fast, but good handling skills were still in order with plenty of off-camber sections containing roots, rocks, and loose soil.  The start was a bit chaotic but once things settled I found myself in the top-10 with room to move-up quickly.  Halfway through the race, I found myself in 6th place, but was having some trouble with the slick climbs towards the end of the lap, and I started to lose ground.  In the middle of the last lap, I got passed by a trio of riders while having some minor mechanical issues and despite a hard chase I couldn't overtake them and settled for 10th on the day.  I'm capable of better, but finishing 10th after a mediocre race is better than 20th.  The XTC 29er, as usual, rode like a champ and was yelling at me to get my stuff together on those steep climbs.


Thanks to Marc V. and the crew who put the race on, excellent adventures were definitely had by all.  Also, BIG thanks to Elete Add-in for getting me through a hot and humid weekend with no cramps and well hydrated!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home