9.07.2013

Blue Mountain Enduro


Earlier this year, Blue Mountain re-opened its bike park.  They spruced up existing trails, built new ones and have constantly been adding more features as the year progresses. It’s super fun, super technical and super gnarly. And with it only being 20 minutes from my house, it’s the ideal place to practice my downhilling skills (even if it’s only on my XC bike).
Thanks to Matt Stiegler for the photos!

 On Labor Day, Blue Mountain put on it’s first ever enduro. There were 5 stages that showcased the best of Blue’s trails. Due to a storm the morning of, the trails were slick and an inch of mud coated my bike at the end of the day. Luckily the rain held off for the rest of the day and it ended up being a great day to race. My first 3 stages were a bit chaotic. Although my Schwalbe Hans Dampfs gave me more confidence, it took a while for me to adjust to the slippery conditions. By the 4th and 5th stages, I felt like I had finally got my groove and as I swiped my chip at the finish, I was bummed it had ended.

Matt Miller getting air!
Overall, the race was challenging, well organized, and a fantastic time. Matt ended up 2nd place and I came in 1st. It was a great Labor Day for Giant Mid-Atlantic!

Check out Blue Mountain Bike Park as well as their Oktoberfest Super D!




Yellow shorts are cool!
The gray and black combo is cool too!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home